Kalash girls in Bumboret, Chitral, Pakistan.
Ismail Sloan, the tall man, is standing between them. I am wearing a sheepskin coat which I purchased in Reykjavik, Iceland. The other man is a Kalash mountain goat herder who says that he almost shot me by mistake when I encountered him by night in the high mountains above Achulga Valley when I went to see the parents of Afiyat.
The man to the left is a Kalash mountain goat herder who says that he almost shot me by mistake when I encountered him by night in the high mountains above Achulga Valley
Would you like to speak to these girls? If so, here is my Kalasha-English Word List.
For questions about the origins of the Kalash people, see: Alexander the Great and the Kalash.
The Kalash speak the language of Kalasha. For the story of a Kalash girl, see: Afiyat, a beautiful Kalash girl.
See also, Abdul Khaliq, a Kalash man
Here are links:
My Home PageContact address - please send e-mail to the following address: Sloan@ishipress.com
- Kalasha-English word list
- Did Chitralis come from Europe or Did Europeans come from Chitral?
- Afiyat - A Beautiful Kalash Girl
- The Kalash of Jinjoret Kuh
- Rustam, a Kalash man from Birir, in Abu Dhabi
- Abdul Khaliq, a Kalash man
- Kalasha vocabulary and possible relation with Greek
- Khalilullah Nuristani
- Alexander the Great and the Kalash
- A Month in Chitral, by Algernon Durand
- His Various Schemes, by Surgeon Major George Robertson
- A Short History of Chitral and Kafirstan
- Over the Hindu Kush, through Chitral, Gilgit, Hunza and Swat
- Reward for Sam Sloan
- "A precious document handed down from Genghis Khan"
- "If I had been Sam Sloan that he would have arrested me on the spot"
- "While referring to me primarily as Asadulla Khan, my other name is CuChullaine O'Reilly."
- The Long Ride to Bumboret
- Archaeology and Anthropology in Chitral
- Development among the Kalasha of Pakistan
- Nuristan and Nuristanis
- An Introduction to the Kalasha People in Chitral
- Chitral: Kingdom or Princely State?
- The Tribal System in Pakistan
- The Trobrian Islands Girls
- Children of the Kalash Valleys
- Richard Strand's Nuristan site: The Kalasha of KalashE
- The Kafirs of the Hindu-Kush (Oxford in Asia Historical Reprints) by Sir George Robertson
- The Gilgit Game : The Explorers of the Western Himalyas 1865-95 by John Keay
- The Religions of the Hindukush : The Religion of the Kafirs : The Pre-Islamic Heritage of Afghan Nuristan by Karl Jettmar
- Chitral : the story of a minor siege by George Scott Robertson
- Much sounding of bugles : the siege of Chitral, 1895
- The Story of the Malakand Field Force: An Episode of Frontier War by Winston S. Churchill
- The Man Who Would Be King (1975) Starring: Sean Connery, Michael Caine
- Tameez Ahmad, letter about Chitral
- Map of How to get to the House of Honzagool
- The Making of a Frontier (1899) by Colonel Algernon Durand