My Paternal Uncles, Harold "Ham" Sloan and Edward Sloan, in about 1909
Edward H. Sloan was a US Marine who fought in the Invasion of Iwo Jima. He was a Captain in the Fifth Service Battalion.
The name of Edward Sloan appears in the Social Security Death Index as Name E SLOAN, born 20 Jun 1904, died June 1978, Residence 52501 (Bladensburg, Wapello, IA), Last benefit (No Location Given), Social Security Number 356-03-6688, Issuing State, Illinois, issued Before 1951.
The name of Harold "Ham" Sloan appears in the Social Security Death Index as Name HAROLD SLOAN Born 14 May 1906 Died Apr 1982 Residence 60193 (Schaumburg, IL) Last Benefit (No Location Given) SSN 708-07-4217 Issuing State Railroad Retirement Issued Before 1951.
Note that the "issuing state" for Harold Sloan is "Railroad Retirement".
He worked most of his life for the railroad.
My father, Leroy B. Sloan, was born in 1910 and thus was not born yet at the time of this photo.
Here are links:
- The Sloan Irish Name
- My Grandparents, Howard Creighton and Emily Bayfield Sloan
- Leroy Bayfield Sloan, son of Howard and Emily Sloan
- Sloan - Jacobson Family Tree
- Sloan Brothers
- Leroy Bayfield Sloan
- Sewell-Clapp Manufacturing Co. Tenth annual dinner-Hotel Sherman-Feb.23 1911
- Anne Bayfield, sister of my grandmother, Emily Bayfield
- My Grandmother, Emily Bayfield Sloan, and my grandfather, Howard Creighton Sloan, holding my Paternal Uncles, Edward Sloan and Harold "Ham" Sloan in 1907
- John Sloan, the Famous Artist
- My Seven Children
- My Maternal Uncles (including an uncle who helped drop the A-bomb on Nagasaki)
- Rich and Famous Persons named Sam Sloan
- Alfred P. Sloan, Late Chairman of General Motors Corporation
- Mary Sloan, Titanic Survivor
- Letter which Mary Sloan wrote to her sister Maggie about the Titanic sinking.
- Sloan Coat of Arms and Surname Origin
Contact address - please send e-mail to the following address: Sloan@ishipress.com