Linda Fairstein - Author and Sex Crimes Prosecutor
FANTASTIC NEWS: December 21, 1999: The Jovanovic conviction in the "Cybersex Torture Case" has just been reversed. Check your morning newspapers, as this news will be in every newspaper in New York, possibly in every newspaper in the USA.
The grounds for reversal were exactly the grounds which have been cited on this web site, that evidence was withheld from the jury vital to the defense.
Here news articles about this decision:
Linda Fairstein, who directs the prosecution of sexual assault in New York, said, "There are about 4,000 reports of rape each year in Manhattan. Of these, about half simply did not happen. ... It's my job to bring justice to the man who has been falsely accused by a woman who has a grudge against him, just as it's my job to prosecute the real thing."
"Linda Fairstein has led an even more exciting life than her fictional heroine. Below are just some of her achievements"
Linda Fairstein's most recent achievement has been the successful prosecution and possible life sentence of Oliver Jovanovic, after several police officers and co-workers at the Manhattan DA's office advised her to drop the case.
UPDATE: The appeal in the Jovanovic case was argued before the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York on February 2, 1999: 'Cybersex' Appeal Raises Shield Law, Consent Issues.
Oliver Jovanovic has been in jail for more than one year now, for a crime for which no informed jury would have convicted him. Meanwhile, the New York Post has come out again against this conviction.
Manhattan Sex Crimes Prosecutor Linda Fairstein, on a book selling tour, gloats to the Times of London about how she successfully hid evidence from the jury about this case. See: SEX CRIMES AND THE CITY; INTERVIEW; LINDA FAIRSTEIN - Times of London , Saturday, October 30, 1999.
What do you think? Express your opinion in the guestbook!
Here are links:
- Former Chess Prodigy Convicted in Cyber-Sex Torture Trial
- New York Post - JUSTICE TAKES A HOLIDAY FOR REAL CYBER-SEX VICTIM
- Fairstein hubby suit: case closed
- Nightmares of the net, by Lisa Rosenthal in World Net Daily
- A CONVERSATION WITH LINDA FAIRSTEIN - By Simon & Schuster
- Oliver Jovanovic: First Sacrifice of the Digital Age, by Sandro Cohen
- Psychology Today - Cybersex; trail shows post-modern courtship as reflected in e-mail exchanges
- David H. Figurski, Professor of Microbiology, writes that conviction and sentencing of Oliver Jovanovic has adverse consequences for the future of the entire human race
- ANGRY JUDGE SLAPS 'TERRORIST' CYBERFIEND WITH 15-TO-LIFE
- Cybersadist Gets 15 to Life in Jail
- Defendant in Internet Torture Case Gets 15 Years
- Sam Sloan confesses that he personally committed acts for which Jovanovic was sentenced to 15 years
- Rolling Stone Magazine - Inside the Cybersex Trial
- Tapes Raise New Doubts About 'Sybil' Personalities
- THE FAIRSTEIN FILES
- Understanding the Growing False Accusations of Rape Crisis in the US
- FRONT PAGE: THE NEW YORK POST: Cybersex Chess Torture "conviction in the courtroom of Judge William Wetzel is the worst miscarriage of justice since they abolished lynching."
- The Wall Street Journal, Monday, April 20, 1998: Don't shield Juries from the Truth in Sex Cases
- Svetozar Jovanovic: Scholastic Chess Coach, Trainer and Organizer
- Linda Fairstein gloats over the Jovanovic conviction
- Court rules that prostitute's past is protected by Rape Shield law
- El sádico que dijo: No Oliver Jovanovic: Primer sacrificio de la era digital
- Crimes and Punishment: The New York Daily News
- Your Guide to Bondage/Discipline/S&M
- Justice for Oliver Jovanovic?
- Book Review of Likely to Die, Author: Linda Fairstein
- A Conversation with Linda Fairstein June 1997
- Juanita Broaddrick, alleged "rape victim"
- Man Convicted of Abusing Woman He Met Via Internet
- Doctors Rebut Accuser in Internet Torture Trial
- New York Rape Shield Law
- GAL PAL 'VICTIM' KNEW R0PES 0F GAME
- Conversation between Marinza Bruinem and Linda Fairstein
- Meet Jamie Rzucek a/k/a "Madame X"
- Profile of Judge William Wetzel
- The Injustice Line - A web site devoted to exposing and publicizing injustices.
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Stars
- Cyber 'perv' meets 'cyberbabe'
- JOVANOVIC'S LAWYER VOWS HE'LL APPEAL
- Salon Newsreal: WHO SAYS WOMEN NEVER LIE ABOUT RAPE?
Contact address - please send e-mail to the following address: Sloan@ishipress.com