Finally, you figure it out that this is just a joke and your time has been wasted.
So, when I saw this headline on CNN, I figured that the joke had spread there. But, I thought, CNN does not often joke on such matters and today is not April First, so perhaps I had better read this.
Saddam Hussein really has been captured, but now the world has a big problem, namely, what to do with him.
We cannot bring him to America. The US courts would just free him. He has committed no crime in America. He cannot be a prisoner of war, as we are not at war with Iraq.
If he is left in Iraq, he would have to be in a special prison there for the rest of his life. If we turn him over to the Iraqis they would either kill him or free him and make him their leader again. Therefore, we will have to keep and guard him.
On the other hand, he probably has no value to us or to anybody. I doubt that he knows any secrets to tell us. There will no doubt attempts to free him. Why not just kill him right away?
No doubt the Iraqi Governing Council will say that he must be put on trial. But what kind of trial could he receive? The term Kangaroo Court comes to mind.
The most incisive reports from inside Iraq for the past three years have come from an anonymous poster who writes under the heading "Dear Raed". He has consistently and accurately reported not only the latest developments in Iraq; but he has predicted the future. I go there, when I want to find out what is going on in Iraq. He is what he posted on October 19, 2003, quoting his cousin, about the next US Presidential election:
"Bush is the Devil himself, and you can't beat a Shaitan. Saddam will magically appear in cuffs two months before the elections and American soldiers will be at their homes partying by New Year's. The ground will start spitting up WMD's and al-Qaeda links the moment he touches the ground with his nose, and he will be the next American president".
Now, we have a big problem about what to do with Saddam. It would be downright undemocratic of us just to kill him without a so-called "fair trial". What if some group takes Sharon hostage and offers to trade him for Saddam. Will Bush give up Saddam for his friend Sharon?
So, let us decide this by majority rule. I am posting a poll. Here are the options. If anybody has a better idea or a suggestion, please send it to me.
Poll: What should be done with Saddam Hussein?
1. Kill him right away, preferably today.
2. Restore him to his rightful position as ruler of Iraq.
3. Put him in prison for the rest of his life, preferably in one of the deep underground bunkers he built.
4. Turn him over to the Iraq Governing Council for a fair trial.
5. Turn him loose on the streets of Baghdad and let his own people decide what to do with him.
6. Let him buy a mansion in Beverly Hills, where he will write his memoirs.
7. Turn him over to the United Nations for a War Crimes Trial.
8. Torture him until he tells us where all the Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD's) are located and until he reveals his hidden assets and secret bank accounts.
9. Take him to Guantanamo Base in Cuba and hold him there indefinitely.P> 10. Keep him in a secret location and never tell anybody what happened to him, or whether he is even dead or alive. (This is actually the most likely outcome).
OK. Please vote. This poll is not intended to be funny. It is a serious question which needs to be answered. The poll will be posted at http://www.samsloan.com/captured.htm
Haji Mohammad Ismail Sloan