Sure Sign that the War is about to Begin
Tonight, February 16, 2003, facing a deadline, I had to file a pleading in court. It was necessary for me to go to the New York City General Post Office in the middle of the night, even though there was heavy snowfall.
I trudged through the streets and through the piles of snow, trying to avoid a slip and fall.
However, when I reached the local subway station, I was surprised to find six heavily armed soldiers, each wearing camouflage uniforms and body armor and each carrying an M-16.
I asked one of them what was the special occasion. He replied that he was just there for security.
My trip to the post office required several changes of trains. At each train station I passed, I saw the same thing: Heavily armed soldiers carrying M-16s.
I had never seen anything like this before. In the immediate aftermath of 9-11, it was common to see uniformed military at places like Penn Station, where a million passengers come and go every day, but they were not so many or so heavily armed or to be seen at minor subway transit points.
Finally, it hit me. These soldiers are standing guard because the War is about to begin!!! The feeling is that as soon as we attack Iraq, Saddam Hussein will counter-attack us and will send in terrorists to shoot up the subway stations.
What made this so bizarre was tonight was a holiday weekend in the night of a snowstorm. There was almost no traffic on the streets and few passengers in the subway. There were almost more armed soldiers in the subway stations than anybody else.
I find the idea that Saddam Hussein would attack the New York City subway stations to be strange. I can see the possibility (however remote) that he might attack Penn Station, but would Saddam Hussein really attack the Roosevelt Avenue-Jackson Heights Station of the E and F Lines, where I saw many uniformed soldiers standing guard?
What this tells us is that the War is going to start RIGHT NOW !!! Why would they have the troops out tonight if the war is going to start only next week?
Here are links:
My Home PageContact address - please send e-mail to the following address: Sloan@ishipress.com
- Why was President George Bush so kind and nice to Saddam Hussein?
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed: Do you know this man? I do!
- Reply of Mansoor Ijaz
- Saddam Hussein to debate George W. Bush ???
- Sure Sign that the War is about to Begin
- POLL: How will the situation with Iraq End?
- Charles Edward Roberts - Wanted for Kidnapping a Young Afghan Muslim Tribal Girl
- The Many Faces of Saddam Hussein
- Saddam Hussein is a Happy Man Because of the Help from his Friend Ken Starr
- Iraq Poll website
- The Guardian: The Occupation of Iraq after the War?
- Saddam Hussein is about to fall
- Attack on Afghan bases leaves 28 dead - Arabs, Pakistanis among victims
- More about Osama bin Laden
- Pakistan orders evacuation of foreigners from Chitral
- Thousands Protest in Kandahar, Afghanistan
- Transcript of Osama Bin Ladin interview by Peter Arnett
- Senator Dan Coats - A Real Bastard - Let's Go Get This Guy
- Senator Arlen Specter - A Real Creep - Let's Get Rid of this Guy
- Benazir Bhutto defends US attack
- Osama bin Laden
- Pakistan Foreign Office Retracts Statement about Missile Hitting Pakistan
- President Swears to Use 'All Tools' Against Terrorism
- In the 'War of the Future,' U.S. Raids Were a Skirmish
- Egyptians Hold Terrorist Chief, Official Asserts
- Time to Bomb Saddam!!
- Sam Sloan's Preliminary Candidate's Statement for USCF Executive Board
- USCF Election Issues
- Answers to Questions to Candidates for USCF Executive Board
- Ken Starr has taken a leave of absence from his Law Firm
- A Contrary View: Clinton's "Wag the Dog" Maneuver
- The News (Pakistan)
- Pakistan Dawn (in English)
- The Nation, Lahore, Pakistan (in English)
- Frontier Post, Peshawar Pakistan (in English)
- A Brief History of the War In Afghanistan
- How I escaped from jail in Afghanistan
- Najibullah, President of Afghanistan, hangs in Kabul
- The Central Jail in Kabul
- Has Anybody Seen This Girl?
- History of the War in Afghanistan
- Syed Durali Shah
- New York Post: GOP CRITICS RALLY 'ROUND PREZ -- BUT GET IN THEIR SHOTS, TOO
- Moron of the Month: Nebraska Republican Jon Christensen
- Memo of Conversation with FBI Agent John P. Butler
- The Slave Children of Thomas Jefferson