My daughter worked with the first US Marine killed in Iraq
When the news came that four US Marines were killed in Iraq, I was concerned because my daughter is in the US Marines and has been deployed in Kuwait preparing for the invasion of Iraq.
I do not like the policy of informing the family members first before notifying the news media of the names of the persons killed. That means that people like myself have to wait and worry for three days before hearing the news.
PFC S H Sloan
a/k/a Shamema Honzagool Sloan
Fortunately, I did not get a knock on the door in the last three days and today the news came that one of my daughter's co-workers was killed in Iraq.
Maj. Jay Thomas Aubin, 36, of Waterville, Maine worked in the same place and had the same job as my daughter, but was of higher rank. I suppose that he may have been one of her supervisors. I do not remember whether or not I met him when I visited Shamema at the Yuma Air Base in 2001.
CNN News reports at
Maj. Jay Thomas Aubin was assigned to the Marine Aviation Weapons and Tactics Squadron-1, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, Marine Corps Air Station in Yuma, Arizona.
My daughter Shamema had the same job and worked in the same place in Yuma, Arizona.
Shamema is a certified Aircraft Armament Technician. She was sent to Kuwait on Thursday February 11, 2003 at 9:39 AM. She has not posted anything to her website or on the Internet since then.
Maj. Jay Thomas Aubin, 36, of Waterville, Maine
Shamema's mother is Honzagool of Pakistan. Shamema was kidnapped from me in Abu Dhabi by fanatical Christian fundamentalists in 1990 when she was eight years old and taken to Virginia. Shamema escaped from her kidnappers by joining the US Marines in 2000.
Express your opinion in my Guestbook
Shamema is now in VMA-214, the Blacksheep Squadron.
UPDATE: My daughter is stationed at Al Jaber Air Base in Kuwait.
Shamema is now a corporal. Shamema said that she is one of the people who stands on the flight line and when the planes that do come back from bombing come back she disarms the weapons. So she is one of the first to know if they dropped bombs. see she arms and dearms all kinds of stuff including harriers but the harriars do not do any of the super dangerous stuff you know. She also disarms and arms F-18's F-16's and A- 10's"
Here are links:
My Home PageContact address - please send e-mail to the following address: Sloan@ishipress.com
- My Daughter's Graduation from US Marines Boot Camp
- US Military about to take Baghdad?
- My daughter worked with the first US Marine killed in Iraq
- Shamema is in VMA-214, the Blacksheep Squadron
- The New York Times: 'Sick Feeling' for a Pilot's Family
- My daughter, Lance Corporal Shamema Honzagool Sloan, is trained on the Harrier Aircraft
- My Daughter's Airplane
- My daughter, Shamema Honzagool, is now an "Aircraft Armament Technician"
- Shamema is now in VMA-214, the Blacksheep Squadron
- Dear Raed: Internet Reports direct from Iraq
- Dear Raed Blogspot
- The New York Times: Families Struggle With News of War Losses
- Tom Dorsch compliments My Book
- Forbidden City Beijing China: Sam Sloan holding his daughter Shamema Honzagool Sloan
- Charles and Shelby Roberts, Wanted for Kidnapping Shamema Honzagool Sloan
- Camp Lejeune official web site
- Suit to Require that Shamema Honzagool Sloan be allowed to attend public school
- Shamema Honzagool Sloan
- Letter from his mother, Dr. Marjorie Sloan, about this
- Kidnapping of Shamema Sloan - At Least One Person agrees with me!
- Map to the House of Honzagool
- Three Polgar Sisters with Shamema
- Shamema and the Camel
- Shamema Honzagool Sloan with her father, Ismail Sloan, and her grandmother, Helen Marjorie Sloan, in Abu Dhabi in 1987
- Shamema Sloan with her father Ismail Sloan on the Great Wall of China, 1988
- Shamema Sloan and Dr. Helen Marjorie Sloan in Sri Lanka, 1987
- Chinese Chess being played by Shamema Honzagool Sloan in 1988
- Sofia Polgar plays chess against Shamema Honzagool Sloan in 1988
- Birthday Party by Shamema Honzagool Sloan for her grandmother, Dr. Helen Marjorie Sloan at age 80, March 17, 1990
- Some family members of Ismail Sloan
- Leroy B. Sloan, grandfather of Shamema Honzagool Sloan
- Shamema with Xie Si Ming, Chinese chess grandmaster
- The Bangkok Nation article about Shamema Sloan
- The Baker Report - Perceptions of Islam and Their Influence on American Legislative and Judicial Decisions Involving Child Custody
- Complaint to the Virginia Judicial Inquiry and Review Commission
- Dayawathie Rankoth and Michael and George Sloan
- Jessica Vithanage Sloan
- Peter Julius Sloan
- Mary Rachel Sloan
- Charles Roberts
- Shelby Roberts
- Anda Baumanis from Riga, Latvia
- Anusha Rankoth Sloan
- Ismail Sloan and Shanti Vithanage with Jessica
- Ismail Sloan holds two of his children
Wanted for Kidnapping
- MEMO of My Conversation with FBI Agent John P. Butler
- Tameez Ahmad letter about Chitral
- Letter to the FBI about the kidnappings of Dr. Marjorie Sloan and Shamema Honzagool Sloan
- Letter to the FBI Agent John Terry
- Letter to John P. Butler, FBI Agent
- The F.B.I. came knocking on my door
- Letter to President Clinton
- Reply from Terry Ihnat
- Wanted for Kidnapping
- Charles Roberts, the Kidnapper
- Shelby Roberts, the Kidnapper
- Welcome to Parris Island
- United States Marine Corps web site
- Order "The Slave Children of Thomas Jefferson" by Sam Sloan from Barnes and Noble