US Military about to take Baghdad?
Some units of the US Army are reported to be within 15 miles of Baghdad. Forces are advancing slowly but are encountering light resistance. The much vaunted Republican Guards are reported to have been bombed out and no longer able to offer effective opposition.
Here are Sam's always infallible predictions.
1. The US Military will occupy Baghdad within a week at the most and probably within two days and possibly even within a day.
2. Saddam Hussein and his sons are already dead.
3. After the US forces enter Baghdad, it will be found that he had no weapons of mass destruction, no nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, and none even on the drawing boards.
4. There will be no house-to-house fighting. Baghdad will be taken peacefully.
5. If will eventually be established that the regime of Saddam Hussein had nothing whatever to do with the 9-11 attack on the World Trade Center and had no connection with Osama bin Laden.
6. The USA will occupy Baghdad for the next ten years, in spite of constant griping and complaining by France, who will be upset at having lost all their lucrative contracts to supply weapons to Iraq.
7. George W. Bush will be defeated for re-election and will never hold public office again. Of this I am 100% sure. The American people will never again trust Bush to be president. Even though this war will have been concluded successfully, we will be afraid that he will start another one. His opponent will probably be Hillary Clinton, who will be the next US President.
Among the reasons I think all this are that I watched on Network TV this morning an interview by an American news reporter of the Iraqi doctors who were taking care of Jessica Lynch, while she was their prisoner in the hospital. The Iraqi doctors would never have agreed to this TV interview, unless they were certain that Saddam Hussein was finished.
On another subject: A rumor apparently circulated on an Internet Chess Server last night that my own daughter, Shamema, had been killed in the war. This is not true. Shamema is still doing her regular job at Al Jaber Air Base in Kuwait, loading and unloading bombs destined for Iraq.
The source of this rumor is likely that there is reason to believe that a soldier with a similar name, Shoshana Johnson, is dead. The US military that rescued Jessica Lynch brought back eleven dead bodies and nobody else alive and, since Jessica Lynch was captured in the same group with Shoshana Johnson, it seems likely that unfortunately she is dead.
Express your opinion in my Guestbook
Shamema is now in VMA-214, the Blacksheep Squadron.
UPDATE: My daughter is stationed at Al Jaber Air Base in Kuwait.
Shamema is now a corporal. Shamema said that she is one of the people who stands on the flight line and when the planes that do come back from bombing come back she disarms the weapons. So she is one of the first to know if they dropped bombs. see she arms and dearms all kinds of stuff including harriers but the harriars do not do any of the super dangerous stuff you know. She also disarms and arms F-18's F-16's and A- 10's"
Here are links:
My Home PageContact address - please send e-mail to the following address: Sloan@ishipress.com
- My Daughter's Graduation from US Marines Boot Camp
- US Military about to take Baghdad?
- My daughter worked with the first US Marine killed in Iraq
- Shamema is in VMA-214, the Blacksheep Squadron
- The New York Times: 'Sick Feeling' for a Pilot's Family
- My daughter, Lance Corporal Shamema Honzagool Sloan, is trained on the Harrier Aircraft
- My Daughter's Airplane
- My daughter, Shamema Honzagool, is now an "Aircraft Armament Technician"
- Shamema is now in VMA-214, the Blacksheep Squadron
- Dear Raed: Internet Reports direct from Iraq
- Dear Raed Blogspot
- The New York Times: Families Struggle With News of War Losses
- Tom Dorsch compliments My Book
- Forbidden City Beijing China: Sam Sloan holding his daughter Shamema Honzagool Sloan
- Charles and Shelby Roberts, Wanted for Kidnapping Shamema Honzagool Sloan
- Camp Lejeune official web site
- Suit to Require that Shamema Honzagool Sloan be allowed to attend public school
- Shamema Honzagool Sloan
- Letter from his mother, Dr. Marjorie Sloan, about this
- Kidnapping of Shamema Sloan - At Least One Person agrees with me!
- Map to the House of Honzagool
- Three Polgar Sisters with Shamema
- Shamema and the Camel
- Shamema Honzagool Sloan with her father, Ismail Sloan, and her grandmother, Helen Marjorie Sloan, in Abu Dhabi in 1987
- Shamema Sloan with her father Ismail Sloan on the Great Wall of China, 1988
- Shamema Sloan and Dr. Helen Marjorie Sloan in Sri Lanka, 1987
- Chinese Chess being played by Shamema Honzagool Sloan in 1988
- Sofia Polgar plays chess against Shamema Honzagool Sloan in 1988
- Birthday Party by Shamema Honzagool Sloan for her grandmother, Dr. Helen Marjorie Sloan at age 80, March 17, 1990
- Some family members of Ismail Sloan
- Leroy B. Sloan, grandfather of Shamema Honzagool Sloan
- Shamema with Xie Si Ming, Chinese chess grandmaster
- The Bangkok Nation article about Shamema Sloan
- The Baker Report - Perceptions of Islam and Their Influence on American Legislative and Judicial Decisions Involving Child Custody
- Complaint to the Virginia Judicial Inquiry and Review Commission
- Dayawathie Rankoth and Michael and George Sloan
- Jessica Vithanage Sloan
- Peter Julius Sloan
- Mary Rachel Sloan
- Charles Roberts
- Shelby Roberts
- Anda Baumanis from Riga, Latvia
- Anusha Rankoth Sloan
- Ismail Sloan and Shanti Vithanage with Jessica
- Ismail Sloan holds two of his children
Wanted for Kidnapping
- MEMO of My Conversation with FBI Agent John P. Butler
- Tameez Ahmad letter about Chitral
- Letter to the FBI about the kidnappings of Dr. Marjorie Sloan and Shamema Honzagool Sloan
- Letter to the FBI Agent John Terry
- Letter to John P. Butler, FBI Agent
- The F.B.I. came knocking on my door
- Letter to President Clinton
- Reply from Terry Ihnat
- Wanted for Kidnapping
- Charles Roberts, the Kidnapper
- Shelby Roberts, the Kidnapper
- Welcome to Parris Island
- United States Marine Corps web site
- Order "The Slave Children of Thomas Jefferson" by Sam Sloan from Barnes and Noble